5/12/09

Embassy Day

What a great day we are having. This morning we met Rajeev to go the US Embassy. Rajeev is the India coordinator for our adoption agency IFS. I will write a separate blog entry for Rajeev later. Right now I will just say the man is a saint and I couldn't imagine doing all this without his help. Rajeev met us in the lobby of our hotel around 9:30am. Another IFS family was also here with her daughter Gracin. Traci just adopted Gracin and we were going to the embassy together to get the Visas. Traci and I have exchanged emails in the past so it was good to finally meet her. First stop was to the photo shop to get pictures of the kids. Traci's daughter Gracin is a month younger than Nathan. Then we went to the doctor's office to get the kids medical exam. Gracin and Nathan had a great time playing together at the doctor's office. It was great to see Nathan sharing the toys. Traci just picked Gracin up from the orphanage yesterday so they were still in the honeymoon phase. That's the first few days were the child sleeps and is quiet. Needless to say, Nathan is no longer in that phase. After the doctor's office we went to the Embassy. The first step was getting the I600 application approved. That was a quick and easy process thanks to Rajeev's connections and expertise. After that the Visa application was submitted and we have to return tomorrow to pick it up. Then we are on our way home.
DARN- I wrote this blog and then computer had to reboot so I lost it. Here are quick notes of what I wrote:
1. Traci thanks for sharing the snacks. I had brought snacks for Nathan but he apparently loved the banana flavored puffs that Traci brought. He gobbled them up and couldn't get enough.
2. We are tempted to go to the best restaurant in Delhi for dinner tonight, it's right near our hotel. Rina, Randy and Parth you know the one. But Keyoor and I can't bear to leave Nathan with a babysitter so it's looks like another night in. Our hotel provides a babysitter. Nathan is not good in restaurants.
3. We are staying at Taj Palace. Definitely stay here if you are in Delhi. It's so worth the price. All TAJ hotels are great but this one is in a class of it's own.
4.We have been doing room service because Nathan can't go to restaurants. Food here is awesome. We had my fave, mulligatawny soup for lunch. Also some yummy chicken biryani. We do room service for lunch and breakfast. Dinner we ate at the outdoor cafe. Nathan gets to run around there so we can eat. Last night on the grounds there was a wedding and you could here then orchestra in the cafe. Nathan LOVES music so he was dancing to the band.
5. Since I have not had Internet access I have not updated the blog the past few weeks. When I return home I will post pictures and update the entries.
6. We leave here 11:45 pm tomorrow night and land in SFO at 11:35 am on Thursday. Hooray we are almost home.

No comments:

Post a Comment