5/26/09

Prayers for Gracin

If you have been reading my blog you have seen me write about Traci and Gracin. See my Embassy Day blogs for more details on who they are. Yesterday I received a very troubling email from Traci. Gracin is sick and had to have emergency surgery over the weekend. She has an infection in both legs and her right arm. She is expected to be in the hospital for 6 weeks. Gracin is Nathan's age and my heartaches that this sweet little girl had to endure a painful surgery.
When you go through the adoption process, you become so close to all the families who go through this process with you. Even if you have never met, you form bonds with these other families and their children. We are a strong online community and we share each others joys and tears. I have cried so much since hearing the news about Gracin. You go through so much to bring your child home and its disheartening to see them suffer. Thank goodness she is here with Traci and not stuck in an orphanage where her infection would have gone untreated.
I believe in the power of prayer as does Traci. Please pray for Traci and Gracin. Traci has created a carepage for Gracin where you can keep tabs on her progress and leave messages. http://www.carepages.com/carepages/AmazinGracin

No comments:

Post a Comment