5/17/09

We are home


Nathan is home. We got home on Thursday. It was a long flight and Nathan cried through a good portion of it. But we finally made it. At the airport to greet us was Keyoor's sister Rita and her husband Kiran. They came with a bouquet of balloons. Also there were my parents bearing toys and food. Several of my cousins also came to the airport to welcome Nathan. Despite the long flight, Nathan was his bubbly self and went to everyone and was laughing and smiling. I guess he knew he was home.
We landed in San Franciso in the afternoon and that evening we drove home to Folsom. Luckily Nathan fell asleep in the car seat so we did not have to hear him scream for 2 hours. We entered the house and my mom did a special prayer ceremony to welcome Nathan. My sister Manali had created a Welcome Home Nathan banner and it was hanging in the entrance. She had been there the week before and had turned the house into a wonderland for Nathan. Every room of the house had toys galore. She stocked the kitchen with baby utensils, baby plates and cups and bibs. In the bathroom were bathtoys and lotions, shampoo, baby oil. In Nathan's room there were more wall decors and his dresser was filled with clothes. I don't know who was more suprised Nathan or Mommy. This was better than Christmas morning. Between my sister Manali, my sister Rina and her hubby Randy, my parents, my cousins, Keyoor's sister Rita and her husband Kiran, Nathan and his parents were showered with gifts. I got several months of diaper supply.
Nathan is loving his new home. He is still adjusting to the time change and has anxiety about staying in yet another new place but he is slowing coming around. He is loving his toys and his walks in the stroller. I'm loving having my mom here to cook yummy meals. Nathan is already eating more and eating healthier.
In a few days he should be settled. He did sleep through the night last night so we are making progess.
I have lots of updates to make to blog and will do those as I get time. Thanks all. This journey started 2 years ago and we are home with our child. It is a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment