3/16/10

February - I see the light

Things are finally getting better. Now that Nathan is living with me I see he is slowly returning to normal. Every day we come home and ear the wonderful food my mom has waiting for us. My mother is spoiling Nathan with all her good food and the special dishes she makes just for him.


After dinner, I sit him in my lap and wrap my arms around him. We sit there for an hour or so watching PBS Sprout (Noddy and Thomas the Tank Engine). I hate that Nathan is watching so much tv but it's the comfort he needs to get through these tough days. Nathan is also very clingy and me sitting with my arms around him provides him assurance.

His teachers tell me he is doing well at school. I see he is learning a lot. There is a lot of anxiety and anger over the move and seeing a separation of mommy and daddy, which is resulting in some biting/fighting issues at school. I explained the situation to his school and they are very understanding. As I write this in March, all school behavior issues are resolved.

There were many things that happened in February that brought us hope. Our furniture finally arrived and we were no longer living in an empty house. But before that, we learned we got a court date- March 15th.  It was a month away but it was going to be over soon. And the best Valentine's Day present ever, Keyoor called me the night before and told me he would be in Kansas in the morning, permanently.  Hooray. We were going to be a family again, living in a house filled with our things, and a light at the end of tunnel - a court date. Life was finally improving in.

For Nathan, he still wasn't convinced that Daddy and Mommy were sticking around. He threw lots of tantrums and the constant tv watching and candy was the only that would calm him. But as the month went on and as I write this in March, the tantrums are gone. The bad behaviors have lessened and my beautiful little boy is returning to his normal self.  He loves his life in Kansas. He is much happier here than he was in California. I think he appreciates having his family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment