4/17/09

Finally a good day

The last few days have been rough with Nathan. Turns out he had a stomach infection. Apparently he had it since the orphanage. Luckily my brother-in-law is a pediatrician and he got him the proper medicines. Yesterday was the first day that Nathan did not cry. Yesterday he smiled, laughed, played with his cousin-sisters (first cousins). He is now loving life. His foi (aunt) got him some toys yesterday and he played all day. Quite the sports start. He played cricket with the neighbors kids, kick around the ball, and was running all around the house playing peak-a boo and hide and seek.
Keyoor and I are amazed by this beautiful child. Now that he is feeling better, we are starting to see his true personality. Nathan such a sweet and happy child. He loves to laugh and loves being the center of attention. In fact, when his foi walked into the room and did not immediately say hi to him, Nathan followed her and yelled until she properly greeted him.
Nathan is finally going to everyone. Mommy is finally getting a break. The first few days, he would only let me hold him and he wanted to be held all day long. Now, he lets others hold him and he has grown attached to Keyoor.
Nathan doesn't know how to kiss yet, so he shows affection to me and Keyoor by putting his lips against our cheeks. He also likes to take his finger and put it up to our lips and touch our teeth.
I realize this blog is long but the opportunity to write is rare. I will at some point go back and blog about the day we got him. I meant to blog everyday but it just wasn't possible.
We are loving life with Nathan. He is so smart. We do not know his language and I'm still convinced it's just baby talk, but he seems to understand what we say and through sign language and various screams and tones, we understand what he says.
Nathan loves eating grapes and playing with his cousin-sisters. He hates bath time, diaper changes, and changing clothes. In fact he hates going into the bedroom because he knows that the place where bad things happen ( diaper changes, nap time, bath time, etc.).
The first few days were so difficult. I was so sore from holding him. Not only did I have to hold him but I had to carry him and walk around with him for hours and hours. I don't know what hurt worse, my back or my arms. Bootcamp girls if you are reading this, imaging the 20 lb bar that Val would make us lift half way then all the way, instead of a 2 min rep of that imaging the pain of doing that for 6 hours straight. In addition to that, Nathan would cry and scream for 6 hours straight. Then we figured out he was sick and all is better now. Needless to say that Keyoor and I felt awful that our child was sick for days and we didn't even know it. Nathan is taking his medicine like a champ. He eats it likes its candy.
There is so much I can write but I think you will get bored reading it. I will blog later on the first day at the orphanage. I have tons of pictures but I don't think I will be able to upload them until I return.
One more thing, when Nathan wakes up he doesn't cry. He just sits up in the bed and waits for Keyoor and I to wake up. What a wonderful child God has given us. We are so lucky and so loving being parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment